I did some internet research for tips and procedures for safe canning of peaches and then I jumped right in.
Here are the peaches from the peck basket that I bought (minus 3 that were really bad near the bottom of the basket).
I collected all my supplies.
And started peeling and slicing peaches. The woman at the stand where I bought the peaches told me that these were free-stone peaches, but they were not. I had intended to only cut the peaches in half before putting them in jars, but because they were not free-stone, I had to slice them up. Here is a photo of my first 7 pint jars in the canning pot.
And here is the finished product~12 pints and 2 quarts! I hope they are delicious!