Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday Update

Here it is, the Sunday night of Field Day week and already my mind is whirling with things that need to be done before the actual event on Friday. And I made the mistake of looking at the long-range forecast and it calls for showers on Friday. One more thing to plan for.

Oh, well, this has been a good weekend with lots of little jobs getting done. Yesterday I washed windows and put in the screens in the kitchen. I love clean windows! I hemmed a pair of pants for Jim and altered his USA running singlet. More on that another time. I had prints made of all the family photos I took at the baseball game and will distribute them at school on Monday. I went to GEVA theater yesterday afternoon for a performance of PUSH physical theater. This is a small troupe of actors/mimes/gymnasts who tell stories with their physical movement. It was quite impressive and they all moved their bodies with such fluidity. I enjoyed the show! 

Today's big event was the Tour de Cure, a fundraising bike ride for the American Diabetes Association. Thanks to all who made donations towards my effort.



I did the 25 mile ride and averaged 14 mph, which pleased me. I have not been able to ride my new bike as much as I would have liked this spring, so I was happy with how I felt while riding and how I feel now, 9 hours later. Twice during the ride, deer came out from the edge of the road and ran across in front of me. The first time it happened the deer was close enough to me that I needed to put on the brakes! Hitting a deer while riding a bike would not be a good thing!

I stopped at Medved on my way home from the bike ride, hoping to find a pair of sandals for my river trip this summer. I tried on 4 different pairs, Teva's, Chaco's, and Keen's. The Keen's were the clear winner. When Keen's first came out a few years ago, I like the toe protection that their sandals provided, but they did not fit with my hammer toe. This new style has a hole right where my hammer toe bumps up, so they fit perfectly! I think they will be great river-wear.

Gram and GrandDad came home from Jenny Lake today and came here for supper tonight. They look great and it was fun to catch up with them. Tomorrow Bob and Joanie spend the night here with G & G before heading to camp. G & G will join them at camp on Thursday.

And tomorrow Corey and Jim come home after a fabulous trip to see Tucker. I can hardly wait to see all their photos! Corey will head right back to Syracuse after a quick Garbage Plate with a friend. Corey starts his internship on Tuesday. It will be good to have Jim back home. It gets lonely around here after a while!

Hope all is well.

No comments: