Saturday, January 24, 2009

Hall of Fame Induction

The big event around here was Jim's induction into the Greater Rochester Track Club's Hall of Fame tonight! He was one of 2 inductees and we are soooo proud of him. People said glowing things about him as a runner, a teammate and a person. The banquet was held at a local party house and in addition to recognizing the new Hall of Famers, the Rochester Runners of the Year were given awards. Jim and I were thrilled that we had a table-full of family and friends to share this time with us. Here are some photos from the evening:

Our table was waiting for us~ front and center!


GrandDad and Sally catching up before dinner.


Bob greeting Grandma and Grandpa.


Corey and Gram are glad to see each other.



Our table of family and friends just before dinner.

What's a party without cake?!


Jim with his coach, Mike.

Both inductees were given a beautiful mantle clock as a gift of recognition. So, it was a great evening and we are all very proud of Jim. Way to go!

We had an overnight guest last night as Jim's running buddy, Steve, came in from Virginia to run in a race in Ithaca today, with Jim. Steve and Jim both ran well, with Steve beating Jim by .12 seconds in the one mile race. Steve was unfamiliar with Wii so we got him trying out some Wii Fit and Wii Sport. Then we psyched him up for a little Rock Band. I think he enjoyed it once he got the hang of it!


I finished knitting my pastel orange scarf and got it blocked on my basement floor. 
I used the blocking wires that I bought a while ago. The wires helped to make the long edges of the scarf straight and even. I have a hat that I knit even longer ago that matches the scarf, but there are a couple of finishing things I need to do on the hat before I can wear it. I am motivated to do those finishing things now that I have a scarf  to make it a set!

Tomorrow I have to take Corey back to SU early in the morning. He needs to get his long run in before going to the SU/Louisville b-ball game. 

I am feeling better every day and will be ready to go back to school on Monday.

Hope all is well. 


No comments: