Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sick Days

I have been home sick for the past 2 days and will probably be here again tomorrow as there is no way I could face 400 children in my current state.  I won't bore you with the symptoms, but they have been obnoxious enough for Jim to choose to sleep on the couch so he can get a decent night's sleep. When he is sick, he sleeps on the couch. When I am sick, he sleeps on the couch. What a guy!

Jim has been out every night for this world-wide meeting that is being held here in Rochester. I think he is having dinner at Richardson's Canal House tonight. I'm happy for him as I'm not very good company and I sure don't feel like cooking dinner.

I have gotten a fair amount of knitting done. I am about half way done the first sleeve on Jim's sweater. I decided that I wanted to make a scarf that I could wear to the RIT Hockey games and I decided that if I made it plain orange (RIT has orange and brown or black as their school colors), I could also wear it to SU events. Then I remembered that I had started a scarf that was a pastel orange color a couple of years ago when I wanted to learn to do cables. So I dug that out and have knit about a foot on that in the past 2 days. I probably will need to do another foot to finish it. 

Did you see much of the Inauguration Ceremonies? Being home all day I watched the coverage of all the events. It certainly was inspirational and moving. I saw some photos that Liz took at the event, so Liz, send me your impressions and commentary of the day and I will let you be my guest blogger! I was amazed to hear that there was not one arrest during the festivities which is unbelievable, considering people with tickets were turned away. Today I turned on Ellen and there she was wearing a copy of Aretha's hat! It was pretty funny! Did you notice how joyful Yo Yo Ma looked as he played his cello? That image clearly represented what many people were feeling that day. 

The weather is supposed to warm up to more normal temperatures in the next 2 days before it goes back into the deep freeze. One of Jim's running friend's is coming into town from Williamsburg, VA this weekend and historically we have welcomed him with temps in the teens and single digits. I don't think the guy even owns proper clothing for those conditions, but he is a good sport and we enjoy his time in town. He and Jim are racing in Itaca on Saturday. 

Here is another interesting photo from our time at Jenny Lake over New Year's. 

Please excuse any typos or incomplete thoughts that are in this entry as I am full of cold medicine and my editor is in the middle of a 7 course dinner as I write this!

Hope all is well. 

No comments: