Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Random Wednesday

Here are some rambling, random thoughts for a Wednesday evening:

*First off, let's do a poll for the Super Bowl. Check the upper left hand corner of the blog for who you are cheering for in the Super Bowl. For those of you who have had your head in a snow pile for the past 2 weeks, the 2 teams playing in the Super Bowl are the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Arizona Cardinals. One vote per person.

* It snowed here a fair amount here in the last 24 hours. I did the snow blowing when I got home from school today and the snow was so deep in the driveway that the bottom of my car was dragging in the snow. Now I do not have a high clearance vehicle, but there still must have been at least 8 inches to clear out. 

* We got a new set of drums for Rock Band yesterday, to replace the set that stopped working. Jim and I tried them out last night and we still got it! 

* I finally put the finishing touches on the hat that matches the orange scarf I finished over the weekend. Now I am thinking about making some mittens to match, but my cast-on for the first mitten tonight was too loose so I will try again with smaller needles. 

*Corey has the sore throat thing going again and is not sleeping real well. We will keep a closer eye on him this year and try to keep him out of the hospital. This is the one bad part about kids going away to college. 

*Jim and I went to yoga last night. Jim fell asleep during the meditation time at the start of class and I fell asleep during the ending meditation time. We did lots of good exercise and stretching in between!

*Jim went to a museum lecture tonight with GrandDad. The topic was infrared space telescopes. He said it was good, but that the attendance was down because of the weather. 

*I was supposed to have bell rehearsal tonight but our director was sick so she cancelled and I had a free evening at home. 

*SU lost another basketball game tonight. Two of their starters are now injured which doesn't bode well for future games. I don't think either injury is season-ending so hopefully those 2 guys will be 100% in the near future. I do love college basketball. Can hardly wait for March Madness and this year I have a TV that is big enough so I can actually see the ball! Life's simple pleasures!

*Another photo from our time at Jenny Lake over New Year's~one of my more artsy shots!

That's all.

Hope all is well. 

1 comment:

jeannie said...

I'm really just cheering for the commercials.