Sunday, November 30, 2008

End of November

Now that Thanksgiving has come and gone and tomorrow is December 1st, Christmas will be here in no time! Yikes!

I did get one of my holiday traditions taken care of today and that is I've started making Candy Cane Candy and tonight Jim and I took all of the out-of-town boxes to the Post Office. So if I usually send you Candy Cane Candy, watch for it in the mail this week. If it doesn't show up it means one of two things, either I forgot or you have done something to get removed from my list!!! Either way, get in touch with me and we'll work it out!


We had an interesting thing happen at the Post Office. You may know that I love the self-serve postage machine-it lets me mail packages on Sunday night without waiting in a line. Well, I had just started getting the postage on my 12 packages when another guy came in with one big box. I asked if that was all he had and then let him jump in and get the postage for his box, thinking it was my good deed for the day. He didn't take long and thanked me again before he left. Then I continued getting postage for all my little boxes. However, when Jim went to put the boxes into the container, the door would not open. Apparently, the other guy's box filled the container to the point that the door would not open any more! So I finished getting the postage on all the boxes and will put them in the mail at school tomorrow! So much for doing a good deed! 

Corey went back to school last night. He will be home again on December 13th. Before he left yesterday, he and Jim went out for a run. I saw that as an opportunity to get a photo of the two of them. I grabbed my camera and told them to stand next to each other on the sidewalk, and this is what I got! Wise guys! 

With a bit more encouragement, they turned to face the camera and gave me a better shot!

I got some good spinning done in the past 2 days, both on my bike and on my spinning wheel! I continue to spin on the blue-face leister fiber and the plastic bag from which I pull the fiber, never seems to get any less full! 

Tonight I cooked a turkey breast, made some stuffing from a box and homemade mashed potatoes and we had another Thanksgiving meal. There was enough left over, intentionally, so we can have a turkey casserole on Tuesday night. 

The Buffalo Bills looked bad today and lost. They had such a good start to the football season and now are just falling apart. The college football scene was pretty exciting yesterday and we watched several really good games-of course the Syracuse game was not one of the good ones. Mercifully the season is over for them and we can now look forward to the Orange basketball season. 

Rain, sleet and snow are in the forecast for tonight. Should be an interesting drive to school tomorrow. 

Did anyone get any good deals while shopping on Black Friday? I got a bargain on the sneakers that I wear everyday and I didn't even have to wait in a line to pay for them at Dicks. Of course I was there at the very reasonable hour of 11:00 AM. I was very sad and mad after reading about the poor person who was trampled to death at a Walmart as early shoppers broke down the door and overran that employee. That whole situation is wrong on many levels. And then did you hear about the 2 men who shot each other in a Toys R Us when their ladies started fighting over a toy? What is wrong with these people?

We enjoyed having Corey home for a few days and will look forward to his Winter break when we can have both boys in our nest. 

Hope all is well.


No comments: