Sunday, September 7, 2008

Two Car Garage

Now, before you think we are losing it here, this was an experiment done out of curiosity, not eccentricity or boredom! 

I wondered, now that we have 2 smaller cars, if we could fit them both into the garage at the same time. So I backed into the garage, like I was parallel parking it under the canoes. Jim was my coach, calling out how close I was coming to hitting something. Once the Beetle was in, Jim easily pulled the Vibe into the remaining space, with room to spare! 


I don't know when we would want to have both cars in the garage, but maybe if a big ice storm or snow storm was in the forecast, it might be nice to have both cars under cover. So that was our after-dinner entertainment!

The Bills won today and they actually looked good. Maybe it will be easier to be a Bills fan this season, than it has been in the past few years.

We've also been watching a fair amount of tennis-the US Open. There have been some great matches with some upsets. We'll watch the Women's Final tonight and then the Men's Final tomorrow night.

Jim ran in a small 5K cross-country race yesterday and finished 2nd. He was pleased with his time, especially since he hasn't raced in awhile. 

I have been knitting a lot this weekend and am almost finished with this blanket. It sure looks nice-I will post photos when it is completed.

Gram and GrandDad come back into town tomorrow for a couple of days as they head for Bob and Joanie's. They will come here for a Ponty's supper tomorrow and it will be good to see them.

We've talked to both Tucker and Corey this weekend and things are well with both of them. Corey went kayaking yesterday and had a fun time. I'm glad his schedule allows him to do some paddling once in awhile, because it brings him joy. Tucker is working hard so he can be ready to take some time off when Jim gets out there on Tuesday.

I guess that is all for now. It has been a quiet weekend, just what I wanted and needed.

Hope all is well. 

No comments: