Friday, September 12, 2008

On the Road Again

Report from Williamsport, PA.

I left school right after my last class, leaving my student teacher to put away all the equipment and do our hall duty. After a quick stop at home to fill the Bubba Sport with iced tea and turn off the water into the house, I was on the road by 3:45 PM. 

The 3 hour drive to Williamsport was pretty easy-not too much traffic or delays from constuction delays and rain did not start until I crossed into Pennsylvania. 

My hotel room is free because I used my Marriott points and it is too bad I am only here for one night! I have a large studio room with a comfortable living area (couch, desk, tv,) a separate area with a small refrigerator and microwave, a large bathroom and a bedroom area with another tv and a king-sized bed. Upon my arrival here I was glad I didn't try to drive another hour and a half to State College. I was tired and it was raining and dark-not the best conditions for driving in unfamiliar territory. So I will get up early tomorrow morning so I can get to Penn State around 8 AM. Corey runs at 9. 

The latest stretch of Rt. 15 that is under construction is the part by the Turkey Restaurant. It won't be long until Rt. 15 will all be an expressway with a speed limit of 65 mph. Rt. 15 is one of my favorite roads because it goes through some beautiful scenery, but there always seems to be something to look at. I suppose it will get more generic as it becomes more and more expressway, but right now I still enjoy the drive. 

The latest forecast I looked at has the rain holding off until the afternoon tomorrow in Penn State so maybe the XC meet will be rain-free. That would be nice because I hope to take some photos and that gets trickier when I have to hold an umbrella over my head and the camera.

I may try to find some grape pie grapes on my way home tomorrow so Grandma and I can make grape pie fillings on Sunday. I will have to look at a NYS map and find a route to take that will take me home through grape country.

Time to knit. I am really close to finishing my baby blanket.

Hope all is well. 

No comments: