Thursday, September 11, 2008

Parent's Weekend

This is a different sort of Parent's Weekend for the Robinson family. Jim is currently out in Utah with Tucker for a week and tomorrow, after school, I will head towards Penn State to see Corey run in a XC meet there!

Jim has had his trip planned for a couple of months. He flew from here to Albuquerque and then rented a car to drive to Bluff. He and Tucker will spend 4-5 days hiking in Paria Canyon, a beautiful slot canyon that runs into Grand Canyon. Here is a photo that I downloaded from the internet. You may be able to click on the photo to enlarge it.
When Jim gets home, he should have his own collection of photos to share and I will pass them along to you in this blog.

I just decided to make the trip to Penn State late last night. I will drive to Williamsport, PA tomorrow after school and will stay in a hotel that is free with my Marriot rewards points! I will get up early on Saturday morning, to drive the last hour to State College, in time to see Corey race at 9:00 AM. I'll share photos from that too. The weather is not supposed to be great this weekend in PA or NY, rain and thunderstorms on Friday night and Saturday, but we'll make the best of it.

Tonight, after shopping at Eastview Mall, I went to  Knit Night at the East Rochester yarn store. I spent a very pleasant hour sitting and knitting with other knitters. 

I guess I had better go pack up a few things. I don't need much because I will only be gone for 24 hours or so.

Hope all is well.

No comments: