Saturday, June 21, 2008

Field Day Fun

I am happy to report that Field Day 2008 was a huge success! The weather ended up being great-partly sunny, partly cloudy, and in the mid-70's. When I got to school at 6:20 AM (!) I was still concerned about a passing shower, but that never materialized. The sun was in and out all morning and mostly out during the afternoon. I am providing a lot of photos to show you some of the activities the kids did. We started our day with an Opening Ceremony by the flagpole.

Then the first group of students, about 300 in 3 different grade levels, raced to the fields.

Let the games begin!

Some of the primary classes made visors to wear on Field Day and here is a photo showing their handiwork! Other classes all wore the same colored shirts and one class even tie-dyed shirts for the event.

I was on the go from the moment I got to school until I finally sat down at 3:30 PM and ate a piece of cold pizza!

So it was a great day and now I can look forward to the end of the school year. Thanks to Corey for taking most of the photos on Field Day.

Yesterday afternoon, the staff had a Happy Hour at the Outback Steakhouse, the one that is a quarter mile from our house. So in my exhausted state, I went and raised a glass of wine with my colleagues. Jim walked up to the restaurant at 6 PM and then we had a nice dinner together. Years ago I tried the Outback's Queensland Salad and since then, that is the only thing I order when we go there. I seem to have favorites at some restaurants and that is all I order. When we go to Olive Garden, I only order Capellini Pomodoro. Is anyone else out there in the same rut? It's not that I don't like to try new foods, its just that I love certain foods at certain restaurants and what if I ordered something different and it wasn't as good as my "usual"? I would have wasted a chance to have my favorite! Oh well, I did enjoy my meal at Outback, but I was so hungry that I probably could have eaten cardboard with sauce and thought it tasted good!

Corey is in Syracuse this weekend. Some his running buddies were having a get-together so he and another runner from Rochester went over for the weekend.

Today is my spinning guild meeting and as expected, I am really looking forward to having a serious chunk of time to just spin. At this month's guild meeting there is going to be a presentation on how to finish a skein of yarn if you want to enter it in a competition. I think I will learn a lot from that.

Home-grown strawberries are in and life is good!

Hope all is well.

1 comment:

Carl said...

Hi Marji- Thanks for all the pictures of your field day. It sure looks like the kids had a great time, and the weather was good. Your blog is a great way for us to keep in touchcnoster when we are not able to communicate like we do when at home.

I am sitting on the stump out back by the wood shed using Pap's wifi. It sure was nice having it when I downloaded all the pics. Keep in touch. Love, Dad and Mom.