Thursday, June 19, 2008

Field Day Eve

Here it is the night before Field Day. I am really tired because I woke up at 4:30 this morning thinking of all the things that needed to happen today to be ready for Field Day tomorrow. I worried for a while about the weather (I know, there is nothing I can do about the weather) and then I worried about what I would do if the participation awards for Field Day did not arrive today (again, something out of my control, but fortunately they arrived at 10 AM).  So I got up at 5:30 and had a casual breakfast and even knit for 10 minutes before going to school at 6:40 AM. 

I did get a lot of work done today, in addition to teaching some very wired kindergartners. I think we are in good shape for tomorrow and the weather sounds like it may cooperate-cool with the rain holding off until later in the afternoon. Because the large gym at our school is closed we can't do our indoor plan for Field Day so the whole event would have to be cancelled if bad weather moves in. It is supposed to rain tonight so hopefully that front will move through. 

We were going to go to a Big Bad Voodoo Daddy concert tonight, part of the Jazz Festival, but for a variety of reasons, we stayed home. I feel a little bit sad about missing this free concert, but am enjoying the quiet evening at home.

I re-started my Pi Shawl that I originally started on 3-14. I found a new way to cast on for a circular project and wrestled my way through the first few rounds of knitting. I've read quite a bit on Ravelry (knitting website) about knitting this shawl and have picked up some tips. I once again am excited about this project. I am even taking some precautionary measures by putting some lifelines in as I knit so that when I mess up a row, I can rip back to one of the lifelines and easily pick up the lacey stitches. I've never done lifelines so I hope it works as others have said it should work. 

Corey is coming to Field Day tomorrow to be the photographer and then he is going back to SU for the weekend. Apparently some of his running buddies are all congregating on campus again this weekend. 

Amy reported that she had a great time at the US Open and will send some photos along when she figures out how to get the photos from her camera into her computer. Good Luck!

Time to knit for a bit and then hit the hay. Big day tomorrow!

Hope all is well.

No comments: