Monday, December 3, 2007

Sick Day

I called in sick to school today because my cold finally got the best of me. For a week or so I've had a mild, intermittent sore throat and an occasional stuffy head. On Sunday, all those symptoms came together and I woke up this morning feeling rotten and run down. So I called for a sub, went into school early to leave lesson plans and then came home and hunkered down for the rest of the day. I didn't even get any knitting done until later this afternoon because I wasn't up to it. Hopefully I'll get a good night's sleep tonight so I can get back to school tomorrow.

We have had some blustery winter weather today. Lots of wind and snow. Those conditions are supposed to continue through the night and we might end up with 8-12 inches of snow. 

Here it is Monday night and no Dancing with the Stars! I miss it! I guess it's OK since I am going to bed early anyway. 

Tomorrow I have yoga after school and then I have to come right home because the Sexual Misconduct Policy Task Group (SMPTG) from church is meeting here at 6:30 PM. Jim and I will have to make sure the driveway and sidewalks are shoveled right before folks are supposed to arrive. I have a crock-pot dinner in the crock and will put the crock in the pot tomorrow morning so Three Bean Turkey Soup will be waiting for us when we get home.

Hope all is well.

No comments: