Thursday, September 9, 2010

And We're Off!

9:00 AM arrived and the school bus doors opened and the children spewed forth, and most seemed excited to be back to school! It was a wonderful start to our new school year. We only had tears from a couple of Pre-K students (and a couple of Pre-K parents) but most kids settled in nicely. I had one kindergartner start to cry when she realized that her classroom teacher was leaving when the class came into the gym, but I brought her around in a few minutes with an exercise song called "Put Your Finger On"!

My day at school just flew by and it was great to see so many of my students again. I got enough hugs today to make up for the ones I missed over the summer!

NFL football starts tonight and I do enjoy watching football on TV. I have my pool sheet filled out and am hoping for the best.

Time to go, as kick-off is just a few minutes away. I will attempt to knit while watching the game!

Hope all is well.

No comments: