Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween! I will write this in between the doorbell ringing! So far, in an hour and a half, we've had 16 kids and 2 adults :( come trick or treating. At this rate, Jim will have a lot of candy to eat!

Grandpa Update: Grandpa was having a good day today after having a not so good day yesterday. He hasn't been able to sleep and for a variety of reasons, he was given two pints of blood yesterday, which made him just feel awful. But now that his body has adjusted to the new blood he was feeling better and in much better spirits. Cousin Chris drove over from Buffalo for a visit with Grandpa which was wonderful. Jim was glad to be back in town so he could spend some time with his Dad.

Yesterday was an exciting day at school. It was the second and last day of the Fall Fun House, an event that my colleagues and I plan for our PE classes. The children love the fall-themed activities. Here are a couple of photos from the Fall Fun House.

The pumpkin target in the above photo was made by GrandDad many years ago and it is always a popular activity. The Jeter jersey is just a subtle show of support for my baseball team!

At school, some of the teachers get into the spirit of Halloween and go all out with their costumes. Here are a couple of my second grade teachers ridding the gym of ghosts!
Our school day ended with all 400 primary students parading around the neighborhood in their costumes. Earlier in the week some of the kindergarten classes distributed flyers in our neighborhood, inviting the people to come outside and watch the parade. Lots of people did just that and everyone had a good time.
Last night I went to the first RIT home hockey game. The RIT Tigers have had a tough time on the road so far this season, not winning one game. But they found their scoring mojo last night and beat UConn 6-2! It was fun to be back at Ritter Arena. I've added the rest of the home games to our iCal! Jim gave me a RIT hockey jersey for my birthday this past March and last night I wore it proudly for the first time.

My Christmas cactus loved living on the sun porch so much this past summer that it could not wait until Christmas to bloom! So I have a lovely Halloween cactus!

Jim did get home last night, well, really, early this morning (12:30 AM) and will now spend a few days adjusting to the time zone changes. He had a good trip to Finland, but is glad to be home.

I just had a former student come trick or treating at my door. She was so proud to tell me that she was on the high honor roll at middle school!

The Yankees game is on a rain delay, which means I won't get to watch as much of the game as I had hoped. Oh well, they can win without me!

Corey let us know that the SU XC team won the Big East meet today in Wisconsin. Only the top 7 runners made the trip so Corey and his buddies had to cheer from home. We wish the team continued success as they head to the regional meet.

Tucker travelled through all the snow that Colorado has received from Cortez to Boulder to spend the weekend with Allison. They were going to a Halloween party tonight.

Tomorrow I have to ring bells in church, so there will be no sleeping in for me. Jim is racing at Seneca Park, but his race doesn't start until 11 AM so he can have a leisurely start to his day.

Hope all is well.

No comments: