Saturday, April 25, 2009

Happy Birthday, Maw!

Happy Birthday to my mother-in-law, Myrtle! Hope you have a great day!

I am writing this from the wood shed at Jenny Lake. I'm in the wood shed because that is where I can access (with permission) faster internet from our neighbor, Howard.

For those of you who have been to Jenny Lake, I can tell you that we are into our second "Jenny Lake" kind of day. It is current 80-plus degrees on the porch and the sun is shining! Life is good.

Jim and I arrived here on Thursday afternoon after a stop in Syracuse to give Corey his banjo and a stop in St. Johnsville to have lunch at the Hungry Bear. We got to work and got leaves raked, the roof cleaned off, water running, a fire going, and the dock in. That was all before dinner!

Friday morning dawned cool and clear and we got the boat in and some more leaves raked. Then we went to Saratoga so Jim could run at the State Park. I tagged along and went to the yarn store. We returned to camp and Gram and GrandDad arrived shortly after lunch. They were pleased with the work that we did and the 4 of us puttered around for the afternoon. Howard, of Neighbor Net, came for a Bean Soup supper and it was an enjoyable meal with him, catching up on news from both camps.

After dinner we walked to the new Arnold camp that is under construction and it is going to be quite spectacular. The place includes a huge stone fireplace and 5 bedrooms, all with a lake view!

Today has been a gem! It is a perfect summer day, without the noise from the beach (not that that has ever been a problem) or the steady stream of people on the front path. We did a bit more work around camp and Gram and I went into Corinth. All is well there.

Jim and GrandDad actually went in for a swim this afternoon after Jim came back from his run. The air temp is in the 80's, but the water temp is 54!! It will be tough to go home tomorrow!

I have done a bunch of spinning and tonight will re-start Tucker's sweater. Tucker I will let you know later, about a change I had to make on your sweater. Don't worry, there is no "whimsey!"

So, that's all from sunny, warm, Jenny Lake. Photos when I get home.

Hope all is well.

No comments: