Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Work Continues

The work on the sun porch continues. We have enlisted (incarcerated, shanghaied!) the help of GrandDad to do some wood working on the porch. The 4.5 inch shelf under the windows was water-warped and dried out from the sun, so GrandDad has removed the old wood pieces and cut some new ones. I will do the staining and then he will nail them down. He will add some corner moulding on the edge to give it a finished look. 

Jim and I had to make a trip to Home Depot to get the plywood for the shelf, and the Home Depot people were kind enough to cut the 4X8 board in half lengthwise so we could get it in the Vibe. See photo.

Since we moved most of the stuff from the porch to the basement, the basement was a disaster so I have spent most of the past 2 days down there throwing things away, donating things, cleaning and re-organizing. Tucker and Corey, do you want your Disney autograph books? I think my sewing stuff is going to fit quite nicely down there and be more accessible than it was on the porch, especially in the winter. 

I have been shopping for some furniture for the porch and have found a couple of things that I like. The first is a chair, like this one.


And to accomodate Corey's request for someplace he could nap, Gram and I went to the store called Futons and More today and I found this futon, which I liked and met our needs. Corey, please note that I am testing it out for you!!


I'm not going to buy the furniture this week, but I do need to make a decision on the chairs because they are at Home Depot and will get sold out as soon as the warm weather becomes a permanent resident around here.

Today was a nicer day than was originally forecasted. After taking my car to have new tires installed, I decided I could not spend this beautiful, sunny morning in the basement so I went for a quick bike ride. 

Tucker sent us some photos of his adventures last weekend. He went to Moab, for some pre-birthday celebrating, and got some rock climbing and mountain biking in. Check out these pictures and try not to be too envious!




Tomorrow I have to go into school to work on the school newsletter. It is so hard to get it done when I am teaching 10 classes a day, that I decided to give up a day of my vacation and get it well under way.

Tomorrow we are going out to dinner with Bob and Sally, a treat for Sally and I because we don't have bell rehearsal. 

I put our buffet table for sale on Craigslist and have had some interest in it. I may show it tomorrow night before going to dinner.

Hope all is well. 

1 comment:

coreyrob said...

The sun porch sounds great! And I appreciate the futon testing, looks very comfy! And we could probably let the disney books go.