Monday, September 15, 2008

Utah Update

Tucker and Jim called me on Sunday to say that they had a successful hike in Paria Canyon and were on their way back to Bluff. Apparently the weather was great for them, the people were few and the scenery was spectacular-all the ingredients to make a great backpacking trip! Tucker sent me 2 "teaser" photos from their trip and I am including one here for your enjoyment.
I will give you more details and photos from their grand adventure when Jim gets home. He is scheduled to fly in tomorrow night. Keep your fingers crossed!

I finished knitting the baby blanket and got it in the mail today. Here is a photo of the finished product. It is folded so you are only seeing one corner of the blanket, the solid orange border goes around the whole blanket.
I am quite pleased with the blanket and already have an idea for a color combination when I want to make another one. 

I just went into the kitchen to get a glass of water and I looked out the window over my sink and there was the big old moon rising! Hopefully you have had a chance to catch a glimpse of that September moon. Is that a "harvest" moon? What exactly is a "harvest" moon? Whatever, it sure is purty!!

I had a nice conversation with Terry tonight. She called because she may be in the market for a new car and wanted to know about our experience with buying our new car. We talked cars for awhile and then got caught up on the comings and goings of our family. We are all looking forward to being together for the celebration of Michal's and Elizabeth's wedding next month. 

I made grape pies with Grandma yesterday and since Corey is not living at home most of the year, I bought fewer grapes this year so our grape squeezing time was reduced!

Gram and GrandDad returned home today from their trip to Michigan to see Bob and Joanie. It was fun to hear about all the good times they had in Hastings. They go back to camp on Wednesday.

Time to knit. I have started a sweater that I hope to have done to wear to the New York Sheep and Wool Festival on October 18th. I will have to keep my nose to the grindstone to meet that deadline and then hope that the weather cooperates so the wearing of that sweater is appropriate!

Hope all is well.


No comments: