Wednesday, July 16, 2008

'Twas the Night Before RAGBRAI

'Twas the night before RAGBRAI and all through our house,
The rider was packing with the help of her spouse.

The child was working so he was no help, 
when the rider reviewed and let out a yelp.

She had packed up her kerchief and the rest of her crap,
When she suddenly realized she needed a map.

The spouse then exclaimed you have GPS, it really doesn't matter
GPS or a map, well, I'll take the latter.

Now the faithful yellow bug was ready to go,
with the bike on top and bags packed just so.

Two days to Iowa, she's ready to ride,
Once across Iowa, she'll surely feel pride.

So check the blog for my corn field reports
Or tales of sore tails in my tight biking shorts.

So I'm off with my friends to do RAGBRAI number 10?
When we ride into the river, we'll again shout, "Amen!"




1 comment:

Liz said...

What a wonderful poem. Here's to another great RAGBRAI!