Monday, July 7, 2008

Look What Came in the Mail!

Look what the mailman delivered today!

I signed up to be part of a yarn swap with a group on Ravelry called Teachers Who Knit. Several hundred teacher/knitters signed up to participate and we were randomly assigned to another teacher/knitter. Someone got my name and I have the name of a different teacher/knitter. The woman who got my name has been in touch with me via e-mail, indicating that she lives in Oslo, Norway! So today this package arrived from Norway and it contained these 4 skeins of alpaca yarn in a deep turquoise colorway. It is definitely something that I would have splurged on for myself, if I wanted something very special. She also included a new cyclometer for my bike, as she picked up on my biking interest from the initial questions I had to answer to join the swap and she read my blog and profile on Ravelry. So it was a wonderful treat today and I will have to do some pattern research to find the perfect pattern for this lovely yarn. 

I have not sent off my swap gift to my recipient yet because I am hoping to find something unique during my travels this summer. She lives in PA and has a wide range of other interests in addition to knitting. It has been fun thinking about possible things to include in her gift package, and I am looking forward to putting it all together.

I've been knitting on my Pi shawl, but will put that down in to start a baby sweater for a friend who is having a baby in October. 

Hope all is well.


No comments: