Friday, June 27, 2008

"School's Out for Summer!"

I'm free! I do love my job, but part of what I love about my job is that I have 8 weeks off in the summer! And I have been very fortunate to have had some wonderful adventures during these summer breaks, with this summer shaping up to be no different. I am looking forward to all of our plans, which pretty much take me through mid-August. In the next 6 weeks I will be at Jenny Lake, in Toronto, Iowa, Canandaigua, back to Jenny Lake and then on a bike ride from Albany to New York City. I love summer!

I started my summer vacation by having lunch with my good friend, Sue. We toasted the end of the school year with summery, girly drinks! After a long lunch, Sue came back to our house to see my spinning wheel. Lunch with Sue was a nice treat and a great way to celebrate the end of the school year. 


Tonight Jim, Corey and I went downtown for the Taste of Rochester. The Main Street bridge was closed off and lots of restaurants from the Rochester area set up booths where you could buy samples of their food. Between the 3 of us, we had a Sangria Slushy, bruschetta bread, BBQ baked beans, yellow rice with chicken, pizza, a milk shake, and ice-cream. Here are some photos of the event.




It was a nice evening to be walking downtown and we had a good time (in spite of the look on Corey's face!). We talked to some friends we bumped into and enjoyed the atmosphere. Corey was going to go back downtown with a friend that is coming into town to spend the night before flying out early in the morning, but that friend is now not getting here until later so those plans are on hold. Corey had hoped to introduce his friend to a Garbage Plate at the Tahoe's stand at Taste of Rochester, but now with a scheduled late arrival of his friend, they will get their Plate at the Lyell Ave. establishment. 

I am hoping to get a couple of good bike rides in this weekend, but the weather is questionable. Hopefully, I can find a window of good weather to get 30 miles in. 

Back to watching the Yankees and knitting.

Hope all is well.


No comments: