Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That

Back to school today after a 3 day weekend. 

Yesterday was a good day in that there was nothing pressing on my schedule. I got a good work out in before taking the van in for what we hoped would be a routine inspection and oil change. That was not the case. In order to pass inspection the right tie rod needed replacing. $235 later I have the van back-we call expenses like that our annual user fee for the car! The car guys also said that in the next 6 months or so we would need to take the car to a welding shop and have the strut tower welded before it rusted completely through. Now I have never heard of a strut tower, but the car guy was able to pop the hood and show me what he was talking about and I guess I see the need for the repair. Sometimes I wish I wasn't such a car idiot! 

Sally came over for lunch and then we had a little knitting show and tell session-always fun!

Today I am including a couple of photos from Jeannie. The first photo is of Elizabeth's
engagement ring. What a beauty! Michal has really good taste in both rings and women!








The second one is from Michal's annual Christmas 
tree bonfire. He started doing this a few years back and it sure sounds like a hot time! Jeannie reports that there were 244 trees and several wreaths sacrificed for all this fun!

Joanie and Bob, I understand that you are going to start a kitchen renovation project. Send photos! I want to see see before, after and yikes-what-have-we-done photos! 

Anybody watching American Idol? There have been some funny moments and some good singers.

Guess that's all for now.

Hope all is well.

No comments: