Monday, December 10, 2007

Weekend Wrap-up

Sunday was a busy day for me and I accomplished a great deal. First off was Christmas tree shopping with Gram and GrandDad. We got an early start, trying to get ahead of the crowds and the weather and we were successful on both accounts. We got a close parking spot at Wilbert's Tree Farm and fairly quickly found trees that we liked. There was about an inch of snow on the ground and the ground was firmly frozen which was perfect for
walking through the tree fields. GrandDad and I each cut down our chosen tree and then loaded them into a tree wagon which made getting the trees back to the pay hut much easier. See the photos below that document our efforts!



After getting the trees home and in buckets of water I went about  my usual Sunday chores, getting home in time for a late lunch. I had a lot of work to do in the kitchen but I also wanted to watch the Buffalo Bills game so I carried the TV from the living room
into the kitchen and set it on a chair. I was good to go! I watched some football while boxing up Candy Cane Candy and putting the chocolate on some Christmas cookies.
 
I got a good bit of knitting done on the third and final scarf for my custodians. I still have a ways to go, but I'm not stressing about the deadline yet. I'll be glad to be done knitting scarves when I complete this third one, ready to move on to a long list of other projects.

I drove to LeRoy, where 490 meets the Thruway, to meet Jim's bus from his race in Ohio.
They arrived about 7 PM and Jim got me caught up on all the excitement of the weekend. Apparently the police were called to the post-race party and one guy ended up being tasered by the police! Those runners are nothing but trouble! The photo below is of Jim's teammates (50-54 year olds), Jim is in the red coat.

Our friends Terry and Sherri called to see if there was a time we could go out to dinner with them and another couple, but no dates in December would work. We'll try to do something in January when we may have fewer things on the calendar and our kids are all out of the nest once again!

Hope all is well. 

No comments: