Saturday, May 22, 2010

Greensboro Bound

Corey has qualified for the NCAA Regional Track Meet in Greensboro, NC next weekend! He is very excited about this opportunity and we are so happy for him. Go Corey!

I am hoping to get this entry written without falling asleep! Jim and I took a 43 mile bike ride today and the hills kicked my butt! Jim is really tired too, so I think even though we rode lots of miles in Florida, they were all flat miles so didn't do much for our climbing muscles. We rode to the United Methodist Church in Rush, NY, where we (mostly me) went shopping at the Shepherd's Market, a gathering of local shepherds who sell their sheep's fleeces, fiber and handspun yarn. It is a small market, but I knew most of the shepherds because they belong to the spinning guild. While I was looking at what was for sale, Jim enjoyed watching a demonstration of a sock knitting machine. He made sure that I knew it only takes 25 minutes to knit a pair of socks with that machine!! It was almost a 22 mile ride to the Shepherds market, and we included a stop for lunch in Rush, before heading home. It was a great ride, and it is good to be tired, because it means I was working hard.

On Friday night, June 4th, through Saturday morning, June 5th, I will be walking in the Greece Relay for Life. Relay for Life is a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. This is a national event, so you may have a Relay for Life in your area. If you would like to sponsor me for this night of walking, please click here. I thank you in advance for any donation you may choose to give.

We were at the Villages last night for dinner and we have 3 more dates next week. Because Grandma was in Tennessee for almost 2 weeks, she has a lot of meal credits which must be used by the end of the month, so we are doing what we can to help her out!! It is like going to a restaurant because the menu changes every night, however the percentage of gray-haired folks is higher than most restaurants!

Tomorrow night we are having a Ponty's dinner with Gram and GrandDad before they head to camp for the summer. As you may have figured out, I have not been cooking many dinners lately, and that is fine with me!

Tomorrow Jim works at the Lilac 10K race and then we will get another bike ride in the afternoon. I hope to do some yard work since none got done today. Plus, I have a mountain of ironing to do tomorrow night.

So it appears that I have not fallen asleep at the keyboard, which is a good thing. Having the Yankees on TV has helped keep me awake.

No photos from our ride today, but here are some more beauties from our trip to Florida.





Hope all is well.

No comments: