Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Good Day

This has been a good day with a nice variety of happenings. 

I got up this morning to find that the article about me spinning at the State Fair was on the front page of the Our Towns section of the D & C. The article was remarkably accurate and was fun to read (in my humble opinion!).
Click Here to go to the newspaper's on-line version of the article.

Today was a "teacher" day at school, meaning we could do whatever we needed to be ready for when the children arrive on Tuesday. However, we had lots of student visitors today as they came to drop off their supply boxes and crayons and meet their teacher. Now that the PE office is right next door to the Main Office, it seemed like all the kids stopped to see me! Here is the promised photo of my gym floor. Hopefully you can appreciate how shiny it is!


Ever since we came home from Sweden and Finland I have been doing a daily check on Craigslist for a cruiser-type bike-like all the women in those countries were using for their daily commute. Well, yesterday a posting appeared on Craigslist for pink Schwinn cruiser, for what looked like a good price. After a trading e-mails with the owner, Jim and I drove into the city, took it for a test-ride and decided it was a good deal. Here is a photo of my new toy! It will be the bike I ride to school.


Tonight the bell choir in which I ring, played a short concert at the Mall as a way to bring awareness to the centennial celebration at Bethany. People would walk by us, stop to listen while we played a song, and then move on. 

I guess that's all for now.

Hope all is well.


1 comment: