Saturday, March 21, 2009

Saturday Stats

I'm taking a break from sitting in front of the TV watching the basketball, to sitting in front of the computer, with the basketball on the TV in my peripheral vision! There have been some good games, with a couple of upsets. Syracuse won their game yesterday and will have a bigger challenge tomorrow when they play Arizona State. Go Orange!

Last night I gave up a couple of hours of basketball to cheer on the RIT Hockey team as they played for a spot in the finals of the Atlantic Hockey Conference (?).
The game was at the Blue Cross Arena and was well attended.
Unfortunately, RIT came up a goal short in an overtime loss. We have really enjoyed being Tiger's fans this winter and will pay attention to when the season starts next fall. 

Today was my spinning guild so I went to Victor where I spent a few hours spinning.  I am hoping to have a skein of handspun yarn to enter in the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival in May. One of the guild members, who has a sheep farm was selling lamb so I bought some chops from her~support your local farmer! After the guild meeting I made a quick stop at Eastview Mall and used a $20 gift card at Coldwater Creek, purchasing a pair of capri pants to wear at school. 

Tonight I went out to dinner with Gram and GrandDad and we tried a new pizza place in the Corn Hill area called Tony D's Coal-fired Pizza. We were seated at a "bar" that circled around the open kitchen so we were entertained the whole time we were there, watching the 3 people prepare all the meals.
Our dinners were very good~ GrandDad and I each had a pizza and Gram had a Pannini. Our backs were to the windows that overlooked a deck along the Genesee River. I watched the chef prepare several plates of Greens and Beans, a meal I enjoy when we are out, so we will have to go back so I can try that menu item. 

Jim is in Maryland at the National Master's Indoor Track Meet and he has had a lot of success in his first 2 races. On Friday he took 1st place in the Men's (55-59) 3000 meter race and today took second in the mile. Tomorrow he runs the 800 meter race and then jumps in the car for a 6-plus hour drive home.

Time to focus on the basketball again and pick up my knitting. 

No comments: