Saturday, October 11, 2008


I finished knitting and seaming my sweater! It is now laying on my basement floor drying. After knitting most wool things, they need to be "blocked", which involves wetting the object and laying it flat to dry in the shape/size you want. In this photo, it looks like the sweater almost has a turtleneck, but it doesn't. That collar folds down and lays flat.
I am pleased with how it turned out-it is going to be warm. I tried it on for a minute and it fits and I love the pretty shawl pin that I bought to close the top of the front edges. I will post a photo of me modeling the sweater when it is dry. On second thought, I may wait and have Sally or Sandy take a photo of me wearing my "Rhinebeck Sweater" in Rhinebeck next Saturday!

Today was the 3rd day of absolutely gorgeous weather. There must be some kind of big, old high pressure sitting over us and I'm loving it. After lots of chores this morning I drove to Letchworth State Park for their annual craft show. It was a beautiful drive to and from the show, but I'm not real good about walking around craft shows for long. There were over 300 vendors so there was plenty to look at, but half of western New York had the same idea I did and most of them were there with their dogs.
So after a "once through" walk, I made my way back to the car. I did stop at one of the overlooks on the way out of the park and went for a short hike which was most enjoyable.

Jim went for Greensboro today and his 2 flights went just as planned. He races tomorrow in the late morning and then takes an early evening flight back home. 

Corey called tonight (while his Huevos Rancheros were baking in the oven) and we had a nice chat. Yesterday Gram and GrandDad drove over to Syracuse to visit Corey. He gave them the campus tour and then they took him out to lunch. A good time was had by all. Corey spent most of today in Robert Treman State Park with his geology class. He enjoyed looking at the rocks, but said the trip was a bit unorganized. He did get back in time to play some volleyball with some of his XC teammates. He said that some friends were coming to his apartment to watch a movie tonight.  He sent me some photos of the pumpkins he and his buddies carved. I've included 2 here. 

Jim and I took our laptop out to the Apple Store in Eastview Mall last night and then had dinner at Biaggi's Italian Restaurant. The laptop needed to have its hard drive replaced and Jim got a call today saying that the work is done so I may go out to Eastview tomorrow to pick it up. 

I guess that is all for now. I think I will go and bask in the afterglow of completing a big knitting project!

Hope all is well. 

No comments: