Monday, October 13, 2008

10 Things for Which I am Grateful

10 things for which I am grateful:

1. Christopher Columbus-If he hadn't had the adventuresome spirit to sail the oceans blue in fourteen hundred and ninety-two, I would not have had the day off.

2. Apple trees - Our two trees are loaded with apples-a pretty sight.


3. Applesauce- Today I made up 2 pecks-worth of applesauce from the apples from our apple trees.


3. Beautiful, sunny October days. For those of you counting, this makes 5 in a row.

4. Taking my Dad out for a birthday lunch.


5. Schaeller's Cheeseburgers. Now before you think I am a real cheapskate, taking my father to Schaeller's for his birthday lunch, before ending up at Schaeller, we had driven to Webster, to Charlotte and back to Greece, stopping at 3 different restaurants, all closed on Monday. The website for the place in Webster indicated that they were opened on Monday, but I guess that hasn't been updated in awhile.

6. Winter Pansies -I saw an article promoting them as a nice alternative to fall mums, so I thought I would give them a try.


7. Declining gas prices. Maybe the economy would rebound sooner if gas prices returned to a more reasonable level.
 
8. Five days until the New  York State Sheep and Wool Festival in Rhinebeck, New York.

9. Phone Calls-I love when Tucker and Corey call home. 

10. For having so much for which to be grateful.

What are you grateful for?

Hope all is well.

No comments: