Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Mid-Week Update

Cold, and depressing-that describes our weather of late. The town hydro-seeded their work area in our yard and we are supposed to keep it moist. Well, the weather forecast has called for rain everyday this week and so far we have gotten zero! I would ask Corey to put the sprinkler out while he is home during the day, but when it is supposed rain, I don't ask. If it doesn't rain overnight, as it is forecasted, I will put it on his "Things to do" list.

Having Corey home has been wonderful, for a variety of reasons. One reason it that it is like having a butler! I leave a list of errands and chores when I go to school in the morning and I come home, and they are all done. If he doesn't have to go to work, he cooks dinner, which is the biggest treat for me. Tonight he cooked up some black bean pasta that I bought at the Public Market a couple of weekends ago and it was yummy. He also makes a great salad!

So here is some TV talk. I watched the finals of Dancing with the Stars on Monday, and it was clear that Kristy Y. should be with winner and sure enough, she won the Mirrored Ball trophy. I did not see the results show for Dancing because I was watching the finals of American Idol. And let me say, I can hardly wait to buy David A.'s first album. That boy can sing! It will be interesting to see who wins the American Idol title, because both guys are really talented. I will knit and watch AI tonight and enjoy the re-cap of the season.

Speaking of knitting, I bought a pattern for a child's shrug when Sally and I were in Maryland. I was looking for a fairly quick and easy project so I cast on for that. I had some appropriate yarn in my stash and am now about 3/4 of the way done with it. I will post a photo when I complete it. I think I will give it to a friend to give to one of her granddaughters. It is a cute pattern, but I think the next time I make it I will choose a solid colored yarn. 

Jim and Corey are going to the midnight showing of the Indiana Jones movie! I'll wait for it to come out on DVD.

Hope all is well.  


No comments: