Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween. When you work in an elementary school, Halloween is a BIG deal. Most classes have a party and the K-2 students do a costume parade around the neighborhood and the school. It was the 2nd day out of 4 for my Fall Fun House so I had some students come to Physical Education in their costumes. Superheroes and princesses were popular costumes.I wore my basketball referee shirt and the kids thought that was great. I have a soccer ball full-head mask that I wore as the kids went to their buses. That was a big hit too! 

I like to remember back to the years that our family turned our house into a Haunted House with the help of our friends the Tabers. The kids all had a good time and it was fun to include grandparents into the haunting process. We stopped doing it when we were no longer willing to do what one had to do in order to scary near teenagers! I could never get caught up in the debate about the appropriateness of Halloween. To me, it was always just good fun.

Today it was a beautiful day, low 70's and sunshine. It will be a perfect night for Trick or Treating. However, the weather guys have been warning us of a major change coming tomorrow!

I have been sneezing all day and don't feel real well. I haven't had a cold for a long time, so I guess I was due. Plus, lots of kids and teachers have been sick at school.  I better go get the Cold-Ease lozenges. I think they have worked for me in the past so I will try them again. 

Jim and I are going to a special Wegmans tasting event tomorrow night. I'll let you know all about that tomorrow, but I am hoping that we can taste enough to count as dinner. 

Happy Halloween! Hope no tricksters visit your house.


No comments: