Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I'm Walking and Riding

In the next couple of weeks I will be participating in 2 events for good causes. On May 29th I will be walking in an American Cancer Society Relay for Life and on June 7th I will be riding my bike in the American Diabetes Association's Tour de Cure. If you are moved by either of these causes and would like to sponsor me, included below are 2 links to my fundraising pages for both causes. 

I am part of a team from school for the Relay for Life and and will be walking around a track for a few hours. If you wish to donate to my Relay for Life team, please click Here .

I have done the Tour de Cure for a good number of years and will once again ride this year, on my new bike!! If you wish to donate to the Tour de Cure, click Here .

I will thank you in advance for any contributions you may choose to make.

Great weather has arrived to western New York and I am loving it! I have been outside with all of my classes for the past 2 days and will go outside tomorrow. 

I am looking forward to my long, upcoming weekend. There is no school on Friday or Monday. Friday looks like an errand-running day and we have a wedding on Saturday, but Sunday and Monday are wide open. 

I didn't stay up late enough to see who won Dancing With the Stars, and was somewhat surprised to hear that Shawn Johnson won. I didn't have a favorite, but kind of figured that Gilles would win. Tonight the newest American Idol will be crowned and I like both of the finalists. Last night's final singing show was great.

Basketball great Shaquille O'Neal is taking a class at SU in the Newhouse School this summer. Apparently he wants to go into broadcasting after his career is over so he is getting an education in that area. Corey hasn't seen him yet, but one of his running buddies was shooting hoops at Manley arena on campus and Shaq was playing b-ball on an adjacent court. I guess he might be hard to miss when he was walking around!

Time to take the laundry off the line. These days have been great drying days!

Hope all is well. 


No comments: