Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What's Happenin' Wednesday

I've been busy while Jim has been in Germany. 

On Monday night, Sally and I went to the Rochester Knitting Guild meeting to hear a new young designer speak. Her name is Kate Gilbert and she actually grew up in Webster, but now lives in Montreal after spending some time in Paris. She started out as a knitwear designer but has now moved into web design as she is the creator of a new on-line knitting magazine called Twist Collective. She brought samples of many of the patterns that are available on the website and we were treated to an up close fashion show. Here are some photos from our evening. The first shows a large room full of knitters! The next two are some of the many designs we saw.



Last night I went out to dinner with Gram and GrandDad and a long-time friend of theirs, Jean. We had a nice leisurely dinner at Davinci's.

Tonight I have bells and then tomorrow night I will get packed up for Ottawa.

The temps were in the mid-50's today and enough snow has finally melted to allow me to take the Christmas lights off of the bush by the light pole. The forecast for the next 24 hours is wild with wind, snow, fog, and rain in the plan. 

I am keeping my eye on the Ottawa weather and although they  have had a mild warm-up, the temperature will plummet on Friday, re-freezing that canal into skaters' heaven!

Time to ring bells.

Hope all is well. 

No comments: